The National Merit Scholarship Recognizes
Margaretville Central School Seniors Julian Rauter and Alana Moskowitz
as Commended Students in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Program
CONGRATULATIONS ALANA AND JULIAN!
The principal, Mr. Colin Clark, of Margaretville Central School District announced that Margaretville Central School Seniors Julian Rauter (left photo) and Alana Moskowitz (right photo) have been named Commended Students in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Program.
As MCS faculty, staff, students, Principal, Board of Education, and community say goodbye and express their fond farewell wishes to Superintendent Mr. Albanese as he retires this fall, they also will be welcoming back a previously retired superintendent Mr. John Riedl. The Board of Education recently appointed Mr. John Riedl as interim Superintendent. Mr. Rield will return to MCS on November 3rd.
On October 22, Margaretville will be hosting a public discussion on shared services at 6:30 pm in the gymnasium. The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend. The following schools have been invited to attend and to participate in an open forum discussion regarding shared school services: Roxbury, Hunter-Tannersville, and Andes. BOCES Superintendent Mr. Nick Savin, and Superintendent Mr. John Evans of Roscoe and Downsville Central School, will be the featured speakers.
Resources for Families of ELLs
We are pleased to inform you about the resources for families of ELLs
Blueprint for ELL Success and Documents on the Common Core: the Blueprint for ELL Success and documents from Engage have been translated into Spanish and are available for download via the links below.
Also provided are the links to the corresponding documents in English.
ELL Blueprint (Spanish)
ELL Blueprint (English)
Four Engage NY documents (Spanish)
Four Engage NY documents (English)
Calendar of Events
- Saturday, October 18th - Soccer Crossovers Hall of Fame Field
- Wednesday, October 22nd - Grades 6 & 7 Field Trip to Howe Caverns
- Wednesday, October 22nd - MCS Shared Services Meeting at 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 22nd - PEP Rally at 2:00 pm
- Friday, October 24th - NO SCHOOL, Superintendent's Conference Day
- Monday, October 27th - Early Dismissal - Collaboration Day, Students
will be dismissed at 12:37 pm
- Friday, October 31st - Halloween Parade 1:00 pm, Brooks BBQ Chicken 3PM - sponsored by the Class of 2015
- Monday, November 10 - Veterans Day Ceremony, 8:30 am - 10:00 am
- November 10-14 - Scholastic Book Fair in the Library
- Tuesday, November 11- NO SCHOOL, Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 19 - NO SCHOOL, Parent Teacher Conference Day
- November 26-28 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break